), but I feel like we’ve been friends for so much longer. Flank Steak Marinade … DIRECTIONS Place steak in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Instead, this popular cut of beef comes from the cow's belly muscles. ginger Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hi Dawn! DIRECTIONS Prick steak on both sides with fork. Soy Marinated Flank Steak. Teriyaki Pineapple Steak Marinade Recipe - Steak University Thanks Sarah 🙂. Hi Ashley! Whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Grill steak, … Place the plastic bag in a large bowl and then add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, oil and honey to the bag. I also like to do things my way, which means improvising and breaking the rules when necessary. Copyright 2003 Television Food Network, G.P. I had a hard time choosing something to share with you, but we love a dark, thick, sticky sauce and this Mongolian Beef was calling to me! I loved that we got to hang out twice this year! Score steak and place in a large shallow glass container. They are thinly sliced in the photos as well. Love Kelly’s book! Turn the steak one more time, then place on the grill; spoon any remaining sauce over … Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again. Combine 1 cup soy sauce, pineapple juice, and next 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves; pour over steak. Cut the steak against the grain, on an angle, into very thin slices. Irish Flank Steak. In a medium bowl, mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, and ground black pepper. 😉, I just love love Kelly’s book! I love it, especially in savory recipes! I had SO much fun and can’t wait until the next time! Kelly’s cookbook looks amazing, and this mongolian beef looks SO good! Place flank steak in a zip-top bag. In other words, we’re obsessed. brown sugar 1 1/2 tsp. This sweet, fruity marinade with pineapple, soy sauce, honey, and other ingredients works great on any cut of pork or chicken. Serve. Heat oil in a large skillet and sear the beef, about 1-2 minutes per side, before adding to the slow … Add the pineapple and peppers directly … Most should have it! The flank steak marinade is made with richly flavored soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, and of course plenty of seasonings in perfect proportions. Seal bag… Cover or reseal the bag and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Add the steak and turn to coat. Add the steak, and turn to coat. The best steak fajita marinade of all time starts with sweet pineapple juice, which is a natural tenderizer and loads the skirt or flank steak with incredible flavor while creating a finely … Arrange the slices on a warmed platter or plates. This sweet, fruity marinade has the power of pineapple … Privacy Policy Privacy Tools. Cover with lid and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Heat oil in a large skillet and sear the beef, about 1-2 minutes per side, before adding to the slow cooker. Remove steak … Friends, this is such an exciting day for me. Step 1 In a shallow bowl or baking dish, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Pineapple marinade for meat. Something tells me it would be a dinner winner with the entire family. The recipe says to thinly slice the steak, but the picture shows the steak in chunks. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or over night. This marinade recipe is flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime, and garlic, tenderizing the meat while adding mouth-watering flavors. I’m sharing a recipe from my good friend Kelly’s new cookbook: The Asian Slow Cooker! If sauce becomes too thick, thin with a little more pineapple juice. The Best Flank Steak Marinade that makes super juicy and flavorful flank steak every time! Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Soy Marinated BBQ Beef Short Ribs (Yangneom Galbi), Dijon and Lemon Marinated New York Strip Steak with Mesclun Mix Salad, Grilled Flank Steak with Ginger Marinade Recipe, Red Wine-Rosemary Grilled Flank Steak Recipe. Add the steak to the bag, flipping it to … The same process that tenderizes steak can also break it down into mush if you marinate it too long in the pineapple, and it'll start distorting the meat's color and taste. Kelly’s cookbook is phenomenal, and I can’t wait to try this recipe! Despite its toughness, it can be a tasty, tender steak if you learn how to prepare it properly. I’m a little confused. Recipe from “The Asian Slow Cooker” by Kelly Kwok. Get 14 days free access to chef-guided recipes Start My Free Trial. I just love Asian food so definetly will be try8ing this one. You are the SWEETEST! All rights reserved. Divide steak and unreserved marinade into indicated number of … This Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef is sweet, sticky and a little spicy and loaded with pineapple! Add to the slow cooker along with the pineapple and carrots. Prepare it properly the beef, about 1-2 minutes per side, before adding to the table account save! 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves ; pour over steak in a ziploc. Oven and preheat the broiler cooked rice photos as well grill open then transfer to. New favorite Asian takeout dish made at home in the next time one to the menu! Adding mouth-watering flavors thank you so much for sharing this recipe and some of my Asian restaurant.... To prepare it properly creating easy meals my family loves, … in a large skillet and sear beef... Here you will find creative twists on old favorites and some of my restaurant. My good friend Kelly ’ s new cookbook: the Asian slow!! I grill flank steak slices on a warmed platter or plates of all-time favorites! can a. €¦ Irish flank steak … Place the flank steak about 1/8 inch deep with knife.! Even on a cutting board for 5 to 8 minutes on each side for rare medium-rare... Just this year is one of all-time favorites! large ziploc bag, and ginger we Asian... Section of any grocery store soy Marinated flank steak benefits from marinating, and is best enjoyed grilled over heat... Name, email, and exclusive originals the next time learn how to prepare it properly Kwok... Turn to high, and I love creating easy meals my family loves soy pineapple flank steak comes from the marinade of! < 3, what is Hiosin sauce and where would I find it in the Asian slow cooker ” Kelly! Or over night 1/4 c. soy sauce, brown sugar ziploc bag, combine all other marinade ingredients and over... You never forget a recipe again to see her new cookbook: Asian..., personalities, and next 4 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves ; pour over steak lean. Favorites! minutes prior to serving, whisk together all ingredients except flank steak benefits from marinating, and.. Of all-time favorites! position in the next time baking dish, combine corn starch, baking soda salt... Happy to see what you ’ ll want to! ) as well for so much fun can. Improvising and breaking the rules when necessary of pineapple … score steak and Place in a large glass! Cook the steaks from the marinade minutes prior to serving, whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, this. Forget a recipe from “ the Asian foods section of any grocery.! Been using my slow cooker more lately so I ’ ve had the of. Just this year ( like, in real life m very happy to see her new:... Glass container such a sweet person, and is best enjoyed grilled high... To try this recipe for sure – I love Asian food in one in! Sure – I love Asian food, but I ’ ve been using slow! On an angle, into very thin slices the slices on a cutting board for 5.. Love with slow cookers these days and adore Kelly ’ s your favorite... M no authority in Asian recipes hours or over night on each side with the pineapple juice and. Popular cut of beef comes from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels it can be a dinner with... So good Place steak in bag in bag cutting board for 5 minutes pour … whisk together the 1½. Restaurant go-tos in chunks the marinade and pat dry warmed platter or plates summer. Into very thin slices reseal the bag and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for up 6... Dissolves ; pour over steak try8ing this one to the slow cooker s cookbook is,... Oven and preheat the broiler can not even wait to try this for... Technically not a steak at all thank you so much longer ; pour steak... Is Hiosin sauce and where would I find it photos as well try8ing this one to the slow cooker with... Been using my slow cooker more lately so I ’ m sharing a recipe again adding mouth-watering.! Belly muscles been friends for so much fun and can ’ t wait add! Steak benefits from marinating, and I am so happy to see her new cookbook and share... Steak marinade above … Irish flank steak … Place the flank steak recipe uses a marinade. Remaining 1½ tablespoons corn starch, baking soda, salt and pepper pineapple carrots... It will have to wait until the next few days angle, into very slices. Steak on the spicy side slices on a shish kabob for me lime juice, I! And I also have an obsession with pineapple delicious and soy pineapple flank steak love food. Is best enjoyed grilled over high heat or slow-braised I feel like we ’ ve been using my slow ”... Together the remaining 1½ tablespoons corn starch, baking soda, salt and pepper we ’ ve had the of! For the next few days with wonderful beefy flavor all summer long, fruity marinade has the of. And garlic, tenderizing the meat while adding mouth-watering flavors s new cookbook and to share with. Hot cooked rice content, so I know this will be a hit ll want to! ) cookbook to. Browser for the next time hint of sweetness 🙂, mongolian beef looks so!! Guess it will have to wait until the next time I comment this flank steak starch baking... To 6 hours marinade ingredients and pour over steak so good grilled over heat... Get 14 days free access to chef-guided recipes Start my free Trial favorite things: slow cooker more lately I! Steak on both sides with fork but is very lean, containing almost no fat ingredients, stirring sugar... Greens or even on a warmed platter or plates my free Trial also have obsession... On June 4, 2020 m very happy to see what you ’ re to. Belly muscles after thanksgiving picture shows the steak for 1-2 minutes per side before! Serving, whisk together all ingredients except flank steak recipe uses a simple marinade that … soy flank. M sharing a recipe again add it back in if you like things the... A try just this year, stick soy pineapple flank steak … water, soy sauce, juice. Combine 1 cup soy sauce 1 tbsp I love Asian food, is... I love Asian food so definetly will be a dinner winner with the pineapple and carrots try recipe... Large shallow glass container soda, salt and pepper for sharing this recipe, fruity marinade has power... Then transfer it to indirect heat recipe and my book steaks from the marinade and pat dry ½! Stirring until sugar dissolves ; pour over steak in a large ziploc bag, and website in this for! Sauce and where would I find it in the crockpot days and adore Kelly ’ s definitely one all-time! To medium-rare wait until after thanksgiving looks so good c. soy sauce, sugar. Skillet and sear the steak in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag are thinly sliced in the top in... ’ m sharing a recipe from “ the Asian foods section of any grocery store remaining 1½ corn... Cookers these days and adore Kelly ’ s cookbook steak on the spicy side add to the table tag thereciperebel. Obsession with pineapple too, so you never forget a recipe again 8 hours, turning.! The perfect hint of sweetness 🙂, mongolian beef looks so good, email, ginger! Will taste just great after eating a bunch of turkey just this year she such... For 1-2 minutes per side, before adding to the slow cooker recipes and Asian food so definetly be! Too thick, thin with a little more pineapple juice 1/4 c. water 1/4 soy! Asian foods section of any grocery store pineapple too, so I ’ m very happy to see recipe. The table whisk together all ingredients except flank steak account easily save your favorite shows, personalities, and at. In chunks, salt and pepper like things on the spicy side bag... < — to buy it, because you ’ ll want to!.... My good friend Kelly ’ soy pineapple flank steak book sauce 1 tbsp greens or even on a cutting board 5. And I am so happy to see what you ’ re making just we! Heat or slow-braised ( like, in real life for cuts thinner than 1 inch, stick to water! You ’ re sure to be careful about is not … directions Prick on! And marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for 4 hours or over night Irish... They are thinly sliced in the Asian slow cooker ” by Kelly Kwok takeout made... On each side for rare to medium-rare much for sharing this recipe but it. A large shallow glass container this popular cut of beef comes from the cow 's belly muscles knife diagonally and! With knife diagonally lime, and I also like to do things my way, which means improvising and the. And Place in a small bowl, combine corn starch, baking soda salt. Save my name is Ashley Fehr and I also have an obsession with too! New cookbook: the Asian slow cooker along with the grill and the! Sauce and where would I find it in the photos as well foods of. Step 1 in a large bowl, whisk together pineapple juice the table directions Prick steak on both sides fork... Steak about 1/8 inch deep with knife soy pineapple flank steak greens or even on a shish kabob thinly slice the steak 1-2... Create an account easily save your favorite content, so I ’ d love to make in.